January 12, 2018
On any given day, you’ll find one of us on the road, somewhere in the United States representing our clients. We attend events, host our own events, teach classes and conduct intensive educational and technical seminars. All, for our clients.
It’s one thing we take pride in at Brightly Creative. We don’t just work for our clients, we immerse ourselves in their products, services, solutions and customers. We are an extension of their team, and ease their burden by being able to represent them as if we were a part of their team.
It keeps us on the road quite a bit, but we love the travel. Love exploring new restaurants, museums and breweries. In 2017, our team took more than 40 trips. Here are three of our favorites.
Craft Brewer’s Conference, Washington D.C.
April 10-13, 2017
Every year, this is the rare conference that requires our whole team to attend. That in itself is great, as we all live in different parts of the country, so it’s good to get together. Beyond that, this trip was amazing for many reasons. First, we all love Washington D.C. Secondly, the Craft Brewer’s Conference is always a great time for work and fun. A couple of highlights that stood out.
- Opening night tap takeover of low ABV beers from a couple of our favorites: Perennial Artisan Ales and Jester King Brewery.
- Opening night reception at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History. This truly was a surreal experience.
- Midnight bike rental and cruise around the Mall visiting all of the monuments. It’s such a unique and amazing experience to visit these pieces of history at night.
- Seeing the friends that we have made throughout the many years we’ve worked in the brewing industry.
- Rewarding work, with many new contacts made and many brewers converted into exploring brewing with honey.
Honey Beer Summit, Austin, Texas
May 22-24, 2017
This was the first time we’ve taken the Honey Beer Summit out of our “home” in St. Louis. That was a bit nerve wracking in itself, but we had an exceptional partner in Jester King Brewery that rallied the Austin brewing community around the Summit and helped us lockdown great venues for all of our events. A couple of highlights from Honey Beer Summit Austin.
- Working with Jester King, a brewery whose beer we’ve always admired. It was wonderful to find out the people running the brewery were just as great as their beers.
- New friends! Every Summit, we establish pretty solid relationships with people we consider true artisans of their craft. To see their engagement and spend a couple days with them is always one of the most rewarding aspects of a Summit.
- Mission accomplished. The goal of these Summits is to spur more honey use in the brewing industry. We definitely exceeded our goal in educating brewers about the many ways honey can be used in brewing.
- Visiting Jester King for our main dinner and reception was an amazing night. A serene setting at a farm brewery in the Texas Hill Country with 30 of the best brewers in the world.
Honey Month Celebration, Chicago, Illinois
September 20, 2017
One of the biggest rewards of our jobs is working with some of the best bakers, chefs and brewers in the world. Their passion for their craft inspires and pushes us. For this event, we partnered with some of the best bakers in Chicago, all who have attended one of our previous Honey Baking Summits. This one-night only event was in celebration of honey and honey bees, and six of the best bakeries and restaurants in Chicago dedicated their time and food to help us educate people about the importance of bees and the versatility of honey in food. We tripled our attendee expectations, ate some amazing food and continued to be inspired by the people we work with.